Saturday snow


I woke up this morning to a pretty scene outside my window. Snow was falling. Our second small snowstorm this week.  This type of storm is perfect, more than a dusting but not too much.  I love how the snow sticks to the branches of the trees. It's Winter poetry.


Oscar enjoyed the subtle light streaming through the window. Nothing too harsh for a Saturday morning.


Oh, he is just so cute!  Those eyes get me everyone time. He has me wrapped around his little paw.


A lovely scene from my dining room window. When we have a gentle snowfall I like to take a walk around the neighborhood and photograph the snow covered old homes. I feel like I am in a Currier and Ives scene.


My attention was turned inside the condo as I spied Percy jumping on the couch and settling next to Oscar.


This usually means trouble. At least Molly was in the bathroom sleeping.  She's no dummy, it is the warmest room in the condo!


 And there he goes.  He likes to wake Oscar up from peaceful sleep. Doesn't it look like great fun?


He's not giving him a little brotherly nuzzle. He likes to bite Oscar's neck. Percy thinks he is a vampire! Oscar had enough and jumped off the couch.  This is exactly what Percy wants to happen because he wants to chase Oscar around the condo.


I'd had enough of the kitty shenanigans. So I went walking around the downtown area.  I decided to photograph the church next to the Town Common.


The common always looks so pristine when it first snows. And this church just screams New England to me.


The lanterns and benches complete the bucolic scene. If it hadn't been so cold I would have spent more time on the common.


Instead, I took my last shot of the church and ducked into the local coffee shop for a hot chocolate. Yum!

At night, I went over to my Dad's to celebrate his birthday. We dined on Italian food. Dad had veal parmesan and my sister and I had broccoli and penne. We had tiramisu for dessert. Delish!

My present to my Dad? A Netflix membership for the year. He really enjoys watching movies. Since we got him a bigger screen TV for Christmas I think this is a great gift!


I have my clothes ready for tomorrow. You know I am going to be parked in front of the TV to watch the Patriots play the Ravens.  And then of course I will watch to see the winner of the NFC Championship.
A full day I say!

Comments

What adorable pictures
Benny & Lily
Michelle said…
Your town is so beautiful in snow. And the kitties....they are all just SO ADORABLE. They all look like little princesses in their castles. I am missing having three cats..hmmmm. :)
Robin Larkspur said…
I love reading about the trouble Percy likes to cause. At least no blood was shed (I hope). Wonderful photos of your area. A pleasant visit here for me this evening! Thanks. Go Pats!
Great pics of the cats. The snow was really lovely on Saturday. The Pats game was a nail biter and I loved every minute of it.
I want snow now!! We don't always get snow every year in the South of England and I'm wondering if this will be an 'off' year - I do hope not. I LOVE snow!! I am sitting here jealously looking at your pictures!!

Sarahx
Anonymous said…
Hi there, I found your site by way of Google at the same time as searching for a comparable matter, your web site got here up, it appears to be like great. I've bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.
Prestige Medical Sphygmomanometer/Sprague Kit, Pink Heart

Popular Posts