2011 the year in review


Hello blog readers! I hope you all had a fabulous holiday season and I wish you a
happy and healthy New Year.

As always, I take this time to assemble a year in review mosaic. I love looking back at my previous years in review. My blog serves as my memory as I get older!

You will notice a lot of the photos are of familiar faces and places and I seem to gravitate to the same favorite locations year after year.  My friends will of course always be my friends, they are really more like family to me.

I visited Nubble Light in Maine and Rockport in Massachusetts again this year. I held a Christmas Soiree and a Harvest Dinner again. I reconnected with some high school classmates at my reunion this year and we are going to continue to keep in touch (a gathering is already scheduled). We had a lovely time this Summer at a wedding on the ocean. Nothing relaxes me like being at the ocean.  I attended the Bedford Polecapping for the first time (my sister was a participant).  Coffee continues to be my drug of choice and I love meeting my friends for a cup of joe and some good conversation.  My sister and I put our hearts and souls into rescuing little Miss Marble, our hearts were in the right place yet it ended tragically.  It still brings tears to my eyes to think about her but I do believe her best interests were always foremost in our thoughts. And I know she is playing and having a grand time in heaven. Percy grew up right before my eyes and he is settling in a little better with his brother and sister. In 2011, I thought the snow would never stop falling. Still, I love the sight of freshly fallen snow.  When the weather turned nice, I attended my first Red Sox game in ages and an Octoberfest and had my first but hopefully not my last blogger meetup.

Phew, I guess it was a full year after all.  So I am ready for 2012, my only resolution is to let it be and not sweat the small stuff. I stress entirely too much and I don't want to waste a single minute of my life on unnecessary worry.  Most of it is out of my control anyway.

Check out other Mosaic Monday posts here http://dearlittleredhouse.blogspot.com/2012/01/mosaic-monday-2011-in-pictures.html

Comments

Kim, USA said…
It's awesome to look back and reminisce it with photos. Thanks for the visit and Happy New Year!

Museum
Rajesh said…
Nice way to begin the year.

Wish you Happy and Prosperous New Year.
Hi Chatelaine, Nice to meet you. Your year in review sounded very eventful. Some wonderful and some not. I don't know the stories, but know that there is a tenderness there. Yes, I agree; life is way to short to sweat the small stuff. Luckily, I have been blessed with some of my mothers stress free genes. Seems as though everything has a way of working themselves out. Wishing you a Happy 2012. Thanks so much for visiting me and your sweet comment.
eileeninmd said…
A beautiful review of 2011. Lots of great memories for you and your friends. I wish you all the best in 2012, Happy New Year!
Sea Angels said…
It is amazing to look back and I enjoyed that...yes the snow was horrendous last year..
Happy New Year to you and I hope it is a really lovely one.
Hugs Lynn xxxx
The Red Sox post was my favorite of the entire year. I would love to do lunch again. I had a good time. Happy New year
Beautiful post!! I especially like your header!!! Lovely! Cathy
Looks like you had a busy, wonderful year. Lovely shots to showcase it! Happy New Year!
Happy New Year! My, you did have a busy year! I hope you have a wonderful 2012! Happy New Year!

Mary
You've had an amazing year! Best wishes for this new year! ♥
Your year in review made an awesome mosaic! Wishes for a happy and healthy New Year!
Pondside said…
Nice to meet you!
Your mosaic is lovely and full - testimony to a good year.
nice collage
Happee New Year!
Benny & Lily
Rose West said…
Happy New Year to you! Looking forward to 2012 and reading more of your blog (missing New England)!
I love your idea of a yearly recap. What a great idea. Looks like it's a good reminder of the great times that you had and shared with so many people you love. Happy new year to you too. Wish you were closer for a blog meet up with you, wouldn't that be fun?
Very nice review. So glad that I have found this wonderful meme. May you have a wonderful new year~

Popular Posts