Fall Bucket List








I was once asked by a friend if I could share my social calendar. She would see my Facebook posts of places I'd been and she wished she had known about the events sooner.

So this season I am creating my Fall Bucket List as I always do, but I am going to add some events that might be of interest to local readers and not necessarily of interest to me.  I probably won't finish my Bucket List as I rarely do but it's certainly fun to try. It's makes for good blog post material too!

Here's the list:

10/19 Scarecrow& Pumpkin Festival, Bedford Village Inn, Bedford, NH a celebration of artistry and creativity, see carved and painted pumpkins in the Grand Falls Gardens.

10/20 Le Chat Noir tea tasting at Jolie Tea Company, Salem, MA.

10/20 The Great House by Candlelight, Castle Hill on the Crane Estate, Ipswich, MA tour the house by candlelight.

10/22 An Afternoon with Edgar Allan Poe at Mount Auburn Cemetery, Cambridge, MA.

10/27 Astronomy Bonfire, Blithewold, Bristol RI- learn about the night sky and have a warm cider.

10/27 Twilight Tour of the Old Burying Ground, Wakefield, MA- leads visitors into the world of the town's 17th century settlers.

10/28 Bonfire on the Patio of the Bedford Village Inn, Bedford, NH-enjoy s'mores, drinks and live music.

10/29 Pumpkin Trail at the Stevens-Coolidge Place, North Andover, MA- participants are led along a pumpkin lit garden trail.

11/4 Fall Foliage Lunch Cruise aboard the Odyssey Cruises Boston, MA.

11/4 Full Moon and Folklore Hike at the Castle Hill on the Crane Estate- hike up and down dunes and through soft sand under the Full Moon.

11/25 Wintergreen Herbal Market, Arts at the Armory, Somerville, MA-handcrafted herbal products and gifts, music and educational demonstrations on herbal projects.

It's a full schedule for sure. If any local readers try one of these events, please let me know how you liked it. I would also love to hear from anyone who has a Fall Bucket List, I want to know what's on your list!






Comments

Sheila said…
So many fun things to do in New England this glorious season. Hope to see photos of the ones you actually check off this list. Happy Autumn!
Terrific list of things to do locally! I for one will be at the Edgar Allen Poe event.
This is so cool, Elaine! I have always admired you for your continued pursuit of activities, cultural events, participating in anything and everything New England style, and the way you share it with all of us.

Looks like you have a new blog/design/whatever you call it!! I like it!

Thanks for your comment on my last post. I went out on a limb because I really don't like to share my political or religious beliefs or opinions. I simply reached a point where I had to vent, it consumes way too much of my energy.

Take care,

Jane
Donna said…
Hi Elaine! Wow, that is a great list of things to do! Last year my girls and I went to see Sleepy Hollow at Old Sturbridge Village with friends. We had such a great time that we're going again this year. I'd highly recommend adding it to your bucket list! The Edgar Allen Poe event sound fabulous. My daughter loves Mt. Auburn Cemetery and we always say we're going to go there together as I've never been. We won't be able to make it this year but if it's an annual event I'm going to suggest it to her for next year for sure! Enjoy the gorgeous weather we've been having!!
Donna

Popular Posts