It's the most wonderful time of the year! I am speaking of my favorite season Fall. We are in the thick of it now and it is fabulous! It's not quite peak foliage but we are getting there.
Here are my reasons to embrace Fall.
1. Outdoor dining- Those early Fall days are even better than in Summer. Cooler temps make it more comfortable sitting in the sun and the scene is more colorful. In late Fall, I switch to sitting by fireplaces whenever I can.
2. Old graveyards- I am strangely drawn to old graveyards in the Fall. Maybe it's because most graveyards have fantasticly colorful trees and I just notice them more in Fall. Or perhaps it's the Halloween connection.
We have some very old graveyards in New England and they are definitely worth a visit.
You could even take a historic graveyard or ghost tour. There is a graveyard tour in my hometown in two weeks.
3. An Autumn Walk- What's better than an Autumn walk around your neighborhood?
I love to pick up some colorful leaves and stop to take photos of the prettiest scenes. It's fun to see how people decorate their doorways in Fall. This is my neighbor's barn and my favorite tree in my yard.
4. Hot drink season- Time to switch from lemonade and iced tea to apple cider and hot chocolate or maybe a pumpkin spice latte. Give me a big mug and I can warm my hands on the coolest of days.
5. Autumn events- Halloween parties, bonfires, craft fairs, Harvest dinners. My social calendar fills up more in the Fall than other seasons.
6. Autumn Wardrobe- I am my most stylish in Fall. The riding boots and ankle boots, the tweed jackets and cashmere sweaters, colorful scarves and hats. It's fun to play around with colors and cozy fabrics. It's all about layering with unpredictable New England weather. Yesterday it hit 76 degrees and Saturday could hit 38 degrees. Photo from Pinterest.
So there you have it, my reasons for embracing the season. Got anything to add to the list?