Friday night I rushed home from work, fed the kitties, changed my clothes and picked up my sister at her house. I couldn't wait to head up to Ipswich, MA and Appleton Farms for their farm to table dinner. As soon as we pulled into the entrance of the property, all the tensions of the day went away.
The weather was cool, a perfect temperature for outdoor dining, live music and lawn games. What a peaceful setting.
The sign said play & have fun. I did not know how much fun we really would have.
Here's a view from the field. The tables were ready outside and there were more inside the barn.
Fences and stone walls encircled the field and property. Hay bales were set up as seating for listening to the live entertainment for the evening.
The band was named The Austin Torpedoes. They were wonderful. We really enjoyed their performance.
Lemonade was available at a self serve station.
You could buy beer or wine from the Ipswich Ale Brewery Truck. Yes, the spiggots were right on …
It's a little late in the season but I have finally created my Summer Bucket List. I don't have too much on it. I do reserve the right to add some events if something really cool comes up.
Here they are in no particular order:
1. Hull Illumination Night- illumination of Hull Harbor, Hull, MA 7/30
2. Fourth of July fireworks and parade- Wakefield, MA 7/4 Done
3. Farm to Table dinner- Appleton Farms, Ipswich, MA 7/8 Done
4. Daytrip to Brewster, MA and Susan Branch book signing 7/28 Done
5. Lobster BLT @ Stonewall Kitchen, York, ME 9/1 Done
6. Attend a Waterfire lighting, Providence, RI 7/23
7. Play skeeball and view the fireworks at Hampton Beach, NH July or August
8. Melrose Summer Stroll- Melrose, MA 7/29 Done
9. Rockport illumination night and fireworks- Rockport, MA 8/16
10. Dinner at the Colony Hotel at sunset- Kennebunkport, ME August
I plan to post about these events as the Summer progresses. How about you? What's on your Summer Bucket List?
It's the most wonderful time of the year! I am speaking of my favorite season Fall. We are in the thick of it now and it is fabulous! It's not quite peak foliage but we are getting there.
Here are my reasons to embrace Fall.
1. Outdoor dining- Those early Fall days are even better than in Summer. Cooler temps make it more comfortable sitting in the sun and the scene is more colorful. In late Fall, I switch to sitting by fireplaces whenever I can.
2. Old graveyards- I am strangely drawn to old graveyards in the Fall. Maybe it's because most graveyards have fantasticly colorful trees and I just notice them more in Fall. Or perhaps it's the Halloween connection.
We have some very old graveyards in New England and they are definitely worth a visit.
You could even take a historic graveyard or ghost tour. There is a graveyard tour in my hometown in two weeks.
3. An Autumn Walk- What's better than an Autumn walk around your neighborhood?