Wakefield Holiday Stroll


The weekends have been so busy that sometimes I forget to post about an event I attended because I attended multiple events that day and night.  Such was the case with the Wakefield Holiday Stroll. I had attended the Home for the Holidays in Melrose that morning and posted about it.  That evening I attended the Wakefield Holiday Stroll.

 I almost didn't attend the Stroll because I was tired from attending the Melrose event, an antiques fair in Malden, and a visit to my Mom's nursing home.

I am glad I did attend. There were bonfires.


And lots of freebies like free popcorn and mulled cider, hot chocolate, cookies, and coffee.  The merchants decided what they would offer. The popcorn guy was outside of Century 21 Real Estate.

 And the Carolers were inside of Christopher Barrett realtors and outside of The Savings Bank.


An ice sculptor worked his magic on Main Street. Actually he did a few ice sculptures in front of various businesses.  Dancers performed on the impressive steps of the library.

 A concert from Wakefield  Music took place at East Boston Savings Bank's Wakefield branch. Such a talented group of children!


Some people dressed in their winter best. I loved this woman's ensemble especially the cool hat!


I love this shot of this little one anticipating a visit to Santa inside The Savings Bank.

 This church looked so lovely with it's green doors and simple wreaths. Perfect!


The tree in the Square looked wonderful when illuminated.  Wish I had a better shot of it.

So there you have it, the Wakefield Holiday Stroll. Something for everyone really, sort of a mini First Night with a small town twist to it.  I hope you enjoyed strolling around with me.

Comments

kay Ellen said…
Wonderful stroll to be inspired for the holidays!
I love the ice sculpture:)

Christmas is soooo close! I just started shopping today!

Hugs,
Kay Ellen
This looks like so much fun! Wonderful pictures...how do you manage at night?

I have been to a few holiday walks, I love the good cheer and the Christmas spirit I get!

Sounds like you are busy! I love your new header picture! We will start going to parties closer to the 25th. I'm ready to put an end to the shopping and wrapping and just have some fun!

Merry Christmas, Elaine!

XO,
Jane
You really do such fun things Elaine. Both your strolls sounded like a lot of cheery fun.
Anonymous said…
The Holiday Stroll sounds like a lot of fun...bonfire, ice sculpture, carolers, concert...wow, they went all out! Perfect way to enjoy this time of year!

Popular Posts