A trip to the Bedford Village Inn

Every year after Christmas, my sister, me, and our friends Duane and Lori Lee visit the Bedford Village Inn in Bedford, NH.  We have dinner, exchange presents, and then we tour the inn and view all the beautiful holiday decorations.


We sat in a lovely room with a warm glow. I ordered the pork chop with pomegranate puree, polenta, and cauliflower. It was delicious.  My sister had the halibut and Lori Lee and Duane had pasta fra diavolo.

For dessert, I had the chocolate bag, the Inn's signature dessert.  It is a "bag" made of Belgian chocolate filled with sponge cake, chocolate mousse, assorted berries and whipped cream. I knew I was ordering this before I ever entered the inn!


After we ate, we went to the various rooms to see the decorations.  There were snippets of Robert Frost poems on chalkboards throughout one of the rooms.


This chandelier had a frosty glow, so pretty!  I should steal this idea!


All of the wreaths at the inn were gorgeous. The decorations are always unique.




This dining room looks so inviting. Maybe next time we will request this room. The inn is so old and many of the rooms are very small. It makes for an intimate dining experience.



I love the clock display on this wall. My sister thinks it looks like steam punk.


 A fireplace graces another of the small dining rooms. Any room you choose to dine in is special.  I have eaten in a few different rooms and each experience was enjoyable.  The service is excellent as well.


A number of designers decorate the inn so each room has a totally different look.


If you get a chance to visit the Bedford Village Inn by all means go, you won't be disappointed!

Comments

I had to look it up to see exactly where the Inn is located. It looks like a bit of a hike for you! And I can't say that I've ever been down that road before.

What a wonderful place. I do recall you eating there the past two years and I can certainly see why. Glad you enjoyed dinner and the Chocolate Bag. Yum!
Anonymous said…
Such a lovely place to look forward to each year. The lights really set the mood, don't they? Glad you enjoyed your time with friends. :-)
Unknown said…
What a beautiful Inn. Love all the decor and the food looks wonderful!

Popular Posts