Recap of the Christmas Soiree and my 400th post!



Last night I held my 3rd annual Christmas Soiree.  Luminarias once again lined
the walkway. I got the idea from Martha Stewart's blog.



I ordered all of the food from Zuzu's Cafe in Wakefield and I have to say everything was perfect! They delivered my food at exactly the time I asked them to. Everyone loved the appetizers and sandwiches.



We had caprese bites with balsamic dressing and mini phyllo cups filled with salmon salad with mango salsa, buffalo chicken salad and one with spinach and feta.



The caprese bites were delicous, Tomato, mozzarella, and basil on a skewer, yum!



I ordered two small baked bries, one with fig jam and one with cranberry orange relish. They were complemented with crackers and berries.




The finger sandwiches were also delicious. There were three kinds: roasted vegetables with goat cheese, roast beef with cheddar and horseradish,and chicken salad with cranberries and almonds.


My friend Diane works at Starbucks and I hired her to make lattes and espressos at the party. She had a lot of customers and some people wemt back for three or four drinks. I really enjoyed my gingerbread latte.  If you are a long time reader of my blog, you will know that Diane is Oscar's foster mother.  They had a wonderful reunion prior to the party. Diane's beau, Michael, also helped with the drinks.

Diane makes a perfect latte.



I used tea cups for the hot drinks.


My friends Roger and Deborah surprised me with a visit from Santa. Their son Nathan was making the rounds last night and he stopped by briefly.


And he posed for photos with the guests. I was totally surprised and when he walked in the door I wanted to say you've got the wrong house but I was polite. Then I thought is he going to rob me?



There was not much left of my White Christmas Punch by the time I took this photo.

Lots of conversation with friends. And the party lasted about 5 hours.

I ordered these little Marie Antoinette angels from Australia. They arrived in time for the party but I had thought they would have been perforated and I would just pop them out off the sheet.  No, they had to be cut out. My sister cut all 16 of them out for me the night before the party.



This cake was the showstopper. Midnight Velvet cake made by my friend Mary. She also made
snowdrop cookies and shortbread and also gingerbread cookies and red velevet cupcakes.



Paul enjoyed many espressos.



I took a few shots the night before the party. My tabletop living room tree. I don't put up a large tree as Percy would climb it and destroy it.



I used some twinkle lights to illuminate the bird cage and later I added a flameless candle.



Percy loves to watch the "fire" in the fireplace.


Here's another shot of the teenage Santa Claus.  I think there's a seasonal career in the making!


Today, we were all exhausted and we lazed around a bit. The kitties loved my new Rachel Ashwell comforter.


The two boys looked so cute, I just had to take another photo of them.

As I mentioned in the title, this is my 400th post. Wow, it's amazing that I found 400 things to write about!
Hopefully, there will be many more.

I am linking to The Inspired Room's Christmas House Tour blog party.  Click here to see more posts.

Comments

My goodness you do know how to throw a party, Elaine! Everything looks wonderful, and such attention to detail. I hope you're enjoying the holiday season. It will be New Years before you know it!
Anonymous said…
Looks like everything turned out perfect...all the food sounds scrumptious! What a great idea to have a barista....pumpkin latte, oh yum! I laughed about your reaction to Santa...too funny! Congratulations on reaching your 400th post, and I definitely look forward to reading more! Your home looks beautiful, by the way!
Elaine, your blog is GORGEOUS!! Wish I had met you sooner so that I could have been invited to this amazing party!!!! :)

NO worries, I am in Michigan so I won't turn up on your doorstep.

I am on my way to follow you right now...congrats on your 400 post!!! You and I are neck and neck!
Unknown said…
Oh I just want to eat all that delicious food please!! :-)
Drjigg said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
What a beautiful party! So glad it turned out wonderfully :) And your boys are adorable; they should say hello to my two little girls! Hehe ♥
All of that food makes me hungry...it looks SO delicious. Thank you for stopping by my blog. I am curious..did you travel to Russia? We have been 7 times...and brought home 3 beautiful children to add to our family. Merry Christmas! Kristine

Popular Posts