Skip to main content

Weekend Wedding


This weekend I attended a wedding of my friend Deborah's daughter.  Heidi looked lovely in her dress. Here's the closeup of the gorgeous back of the dress.




The beading was on the bottom of the dress as well.




The reception was on the Spirit of Boston.  It was a 3 1/2 hour sunset cruise.

I love cobalt blue! In fact I was looking for dress the very same color.  I never found it. I ended up wearing white linen pants and a navy blue top with a glitzy necklace and bracelet.



Here are the wedding cakes.  Yes, I did say cakes! There were six of them! I can't remember all the flavors but there was a red velvet cake, a mocha, a dark chocolate, and a white cake with strawberries.


Red velvet cake was by far the most popular although I had to go with the mocha.
The bride's aunt decorated the cakes. Don't you love the butterflies?

And real monarch butterflies were released at the wedding ceremony earlier in the day. One of the butterflies landed on the bride's father's shoulder.



The Minuteman cake, an ode to the region the bride's family lives.  Surely, you've heard of historic Lexington and Concord.



My friend Deborah looked gorgeous in her blue gown.


Her son Landon was one of the ushers.


Heidi and Luis were introduced.


And they were ready for the spotlight that would shine on them all night.



Heidi and her father danced to a beautiful country song. Not sure what it was called
but maybe it was I saw her first.  I probably should have researched this for you.  Anyway, it made everyone misty, it was so beautiful.



Roger, her father, hangs on tight for his last dance with his daughter.


And then granddaughter Olivia joined in.


The couple's first dance with bridesmaids looking on.


The cruise took us past Boston's Zakim Bridge.


We had a wonderful buffet. 


And then it was up on the deck to watch the sunset.  It had been another 90 plus degree day so it was nice to feel the ocean breeze.


The clouds and colors of the sky were everchanging.


To the right in the photo is the Logan Airport tower.


Here are the girls from the tea group.  The bride's mother is our tea group friend.


 More pink clouds as the sun sets over the Harbor.


The wake from the boat made interesting ripples in the water.


Must be great to sail on Summer nights like this.



Heather was content to stay out on the deck all night.  Me too!


From orange to pink, such an interesting sky.



Have I bored you yet with my sunset shots?


As I said earlier, I went for the mocha cake.  I didn't regret it.


The going away dance for Heidi and Luis.  Not sure where they are honeymooning.


And one last look at the Boston skyline.  It was a magical night.

Comments

What a lovely wedding. The cakes were yummy looking. It was nice that your whole tea group was invited.
Anonymous said…
What beautiful pictures Elaine- thanks so very much for sharing them! Karen
What a beautiful bride! Her dress is stunning! It looked like everyone, including the tea group had a wonderful time!
Oh I love love and beautiful weddings and cake! What fun.

Popular posts from this blog

Appleton Farms- Farm to Table and more

Friday night I rushed home from work, fed the kitties, changed my clothes and picked up my sister at her house. I couldn't wait to head up to Ipswich, MA and Appleton Farms for their farm to table dinner.  As soon as we pulled into the entrance of the property, all the tensions of the day went away.


The weather was cool, a perfect temperature for outdoor dining, live music and lawn games. What a peaceful setting.

The sign said play & have fun. I did not know how much fun we really would have.


Here's a view from the field. The tables were ready outside and there were more inside the barn.


Fences and stone walls encircled the field and property. Hay bales were set up as seating for listening to the live entertainment for the evening.


The band was named The Austin Torpedoes. They were wonderful. We really enjoyed their performance.


Lemonade was available at a self serve station. You could buy beer or wine from the Ipswich Ale Brewery Truck. Yes, the spiggots were right on …

Summer Bucket List 2016

It's a little late in the season but I have finally created my Summer Bucket List. I don't have too much on it. I do reserve the right to add some events if something really cool comes up.

Here they are in no particular order:

1.  Hull Illumination Night- illumination of Hull Harbor, Hull, MA   7/30
2.  Fourth of July fireworks and parade- Wakefield, MA   7/4 Done
3.  Farm to Table dinner- Appleton Farms, Ipswich, MA  7/8  Done
4.  Daytrip to Brewster, MA and Susan Branch book signing   7/28 Done
5.  Lobster BLT @ Stonewall Kitchen, York, ME  9/1 Done
6.  Attend a Waterfire lighting, Providence, RI 7/23
7.  Play skeeball and view the fireworks at Hampton Beach, NH  July or August
8.  Melrose Summer Stroll- Melrose, MA 7/29 Done
9.  Rockport illumination night and fireworks- Rockport, MA  8/16
10. Dinner at the Colony Hotel at sunset- Kennebunkport, ME  August

I plan to post about these events as the Summer progresses. How about you? What's on your Summer Bucket List?

Embracing the season-my Autumn checklist

It's the most wonderful time of the year! I am speaking of my favorite season Fall. We are in the thick of it now and it is fabulous! It's not quite peak foliage but we are getting there.

Here are my reasons to embrace Fall.

1.  Outdoor dining- Those early Fall days are even better than in Summer. Cooler temps make it more comfortable sitting in the sun and the scene is more colorful. In late Fall, I switch to sitting by fireplaces whenever I can.







2. Old graveyards- I am strangely drawn to old graveyards in the Fall. Maybe it's because most graveyards have fantasticly colorful trees and I just notice them more in Fall. Or perhaps it's the Halloween connection.

We have some very old graveyards in New England and they are definitely worth a visit.
You could even take a historic graveyard or ghost tour. There is a graveyard tour in my hometown in two weeks.




3. An Autumn Walk- What's better than an Autumn walk around your neighborhood?

I love to pick up some colorful …