Skip to main content

Live Event Painting- A wedding in Newport, Rhode Island



Just thought I would share another one of my sister's live event paintings. For any of you who are new readers, my sister paints at events like weddings and parties.

She paints most of the event as it is happening and then puts the finishing touches on it in her studio. The recipient receives a painting depicting their wedding, party, etc.


This painting portrays the wedding of Serena and Jonathan, a young couple who got married in Newport, Rhode Island last Fall. I took a shot of the entire painting so you can see all the goings on at the reception.



This style of painting is not supposed to be detailed. But as you look at the various sections of the painting you will see many details. Look at the clothing.
the glasses of wine, food on the plates.



I like the blond woman's hair and the man next to her. He was looking down when my sister was painting the guests at that table.



The bride and groom dancing their first dance as husband and wife.



And a man tries to capture the moment with his camera. Nothing escapes my sister's eye or paintbrush!




Even a waitress carrying plates is added to the scene.



One of the bride's sisters and her flowergirl daughters. I love how my sister captured the dress. You can see shadow and light, you can tell the bodice is pleated.




The band is, of course, in the painting.





And a closer look at Serena and Jonathan.



Another one of Serena's sisters and other family members.



A snippet of one of the tables.




A broader view.




And again, the finished product. To learn more or inquire about live event painting for your special event, please email me at chatelaine08@gmail.com .

Comments

That is so cool! I have never heard of such a thing. What a beautiful idea. Your sister is very talented.
Your sister is very talented. What a lovely gift it would make for the newly wed couple.
Robin Larkspur said…
This is such a unique way to record the wedding, and so beautifully done.
Benny and Lily said…
Love it
Benny & Lily
Stunning! Your sister is very talented. What a great idea and a wonderful gift to celebrate a wonderful milestone.
Kay Ellen said…
Ohhh I loooove this! What a wonderful idea and a treasured way to remember the wedding day!
I am headed back for another look...!
Beautiful!!

Kay Ellen
Deborah said…
Good morning Chatelaine!
Thanks so much for your lovely visit and following )
Im your newest follower (purehunnybee).
Looking forward to getting to know you..your blog is lovely!!!
Have a great day...:)

Deborah
~Kristen~ said…
What an amazing treasure this would be to have of a special event!!! Your sister is very talented and has quite a sharp eye for capturing even the tiniest details, which I imagine is no small feat in trying to capture a scene in constant motion!
Donna said…
Oh my gosh, that is just incredible. I can't believe the amount of detail! How large is the origina painting to have captured so much? It's just beautiful!... Donna
Sea Angels said…
So detailed and interesting... what a talent..I wouldn't know where to start...she has captured so many lovely people its truly fabulous.
Hugs Lynn xxx
Courtney Galler said…
I'm thinking about hiring a live event artist. I want to go out in the woods, with with my friends and with my old boss. We love sunsets, and the outdoors. If the artist could capture that, I will be thoroughly impressed. http://www.capturedoncanvas.us

Popular posts from this blog

Appleton Farms- Farm to Table and more

Friday night I rushed home from work, fed the kitties, changed my clothes and picked up my sister at her house. I couldn't wait to head up to Ipswich, MA and Appleton Farms for their farm to table dinner.  As soon as we pulled into the entrance of the property, all the tensions of the day went away.


The weather was cool, a perfect temperature for outdoor dining, live music and lawn games. What a peaceful setting.

The sign said play & have fun. I did not know how much fun we really would have.


Here's a view from the field. The tables were ready outside and there were more inside the barn.


Fences and stone walls encircled the field and property. Hay bales were set up as seating for listening to the live entertainment for the evening.


The band was named The Austin Torpedoes. They were wonderful. We really enjoyed their performance.


Lemonade was available at a self serve station. You could buy beer or wine from the Ipswich Ale Brewery Truck. Yes, the spiggots were right on …

Summer Bucket List 2016

It's a little late in the season but I have finally created my Summer Bucket List. I don't have too much on it. I do reserve the right to add some events if something really cool comes up.

Here they are in no particular order:

1.  Hull Illumination Night- illumination of Hull Harbor, Hull, MA   7/30
2.  Fourth of July fireworks and parade- Wakefield, MA   7/4 Done
3.  Farm to Table dinner- Appleton Farms, Ipswich, MA  7/8  Done
4.  Daytrip to Brewster, MA and Susan Branch book signing   7/28 Done
5.  Lobster BLT @ Stonewall Kitchen, York, ME  9/1 Done
6.  Attend a Waterfire lighting, Providence, RI 7/23
7.  Play skeeball and view the fireworks at Hampton Beach, NH  July or August
8.  Melrose Summer Stroll- Melrose, MA 7/29 Done
9.  Rockport illumination night and fireworks- Rockport, MA  8/16
10. Dinner at the Colony Hotel at sunset- Kennebunkport, ME  August

I plan to post about these events as the Summer progresses. How about you? What's on your Summer Bucket List?

Embracing the season-my Autumn checklist

It's the most wonderful time of the year! I am speaking of my favorite season Fall. We are in the thick of it now and it is fabulous! It's not quite peak foliage but we are getting there.

Here are my reasons to embrace Fall.

1.  Outdoor dining- Those early Fall days are even better than in Summer. Cooler temps make it more comfortable sitting in the sun and the scene is more colorful. In late Fall, I switch to sitting by fireplaces whenever I can.







2. Old graveyards- I am strangely drawn to old graveyards in the Fall. Maybe it's because most graveyards have fantasticly colorful trees and I just notice them more in Fall. Or perhaps it's the Halloween connection.

We have some very old graveyards in New England and they are definitely worth a visit.
You could even take a historic graveyard or ghost tour. There is a graveyard tour in my hometown in two weeks.




3. An Autumn Walk- What's better than an Autumn walk around your neighborhood?

I love to pick up some colorful …