About a Blog



I've been blogging for nearly 3 years. And I think it's quite the task to define my blog as I go back over more than 300 posts.

My original intention was to start a blog to showcase my photography. Then I posted photographs with stories. Then it became more personal and I began to tell more stories about my life. I added a playlist and tried to match the songs to the posts.

I think I only did three rants on my blog. One was about my car accident in 2009, one was about things going wrong at the condo I own, and the last one was about Sears because they deserve it.



From reading my blog, you may guess I am a foodie. I will not divulge my approximate weight gain since I started blogging! From my blog you will also discover I am coffee obsessed and enjoy an occasional spot of tea.




Mostly, you will discover that I share my home with my 3 cats, love my family and friends, have quite a sense of humor and can't imagine living anywhere but New England.

Click on the button on the sidebar to visit Sarah at Modern Country Style and read all about the Define Your Blog party.

Comments

so beautiful.
Benny & Lily
GLENDA CHILDERS said…
Hi,
I am joining Sarah's lovely party from my vintage apartment in Chicago. So glad you joined, too.

Fondly,
Glenda

Gg - Notes on the Journey
Link #26

ps. I love coffee and tea, too.
I think we started blogging about the same time. I always thought of you as a tea aficiondo and your blog to be a journal of sorts about your moving into your condo. You have evolved and I find it more to be about New England life through your eyes. It keeps me coming back.

I wanted to join the party but passed. I can't define my blog! It is so random, I guess I was smart to simply call it a journal!

Have a great weekend, Elaine. We are expecting rain. Ugh!

XO,
Jane
Anonymous said…
I think all blogs go through a metamorphosis, unless they are true deorating, humor or fashion type blogs. Mine is eclectic because I take photos of many things... so the story is always changing.

DI
Hey you,

Yours was one of the first blogs that I follwed and I've SO enjoyed getting to know you better. I really like your header photo by the way. It makes me want to sit under a blanket and get cosy!

I'd say a rant a year seems pretty good to me! I reckon that must mean I'm due one quite soon!!

Sarahx
However you define your blog, I'm always happy to see a new post!
Fete et Fleur said…
I've always enjoyed your blog. You're real and that is so very refreshing. And you're right, Sears did deserve it. :~)

Nancy
Julie Gillies said…
Hi there,

This is my first visit to your blog. You live in a lovely part of the country! I'm way down on the Gulf Coast of Florida.

Love the photo of your big ol' cup of coffee and the little cookies, even though I'm a tea drinker. :-)
Hello! This is my first visit to your blog. I found it at the Define Your Blog party. I have been blogging for just a few months. Your photographs are lovely. I am really working on my photography. Come visit me at
http://cottageatthecrossroads.com
Your blog is certainly one of my favorites... keep up the good work! :) ♥
Julie@beingRUBY said…
Hi dear Elaine
I've always enjoyed the snippets of your home and your playful kitties.. and of course my favourite is always your day trips!!!

Apologies for lack of visits lately my internet is denying me of my fun.. hahaha

Have a great weekend. ciao xxx Julie
Anonymous said…
You got great points there, that's why I always love checking out your blog.

My blog:
Meilleur Taux ou Rachat de Credit sygma

Popular Posts