Skip to main content

Oak Bluffs Inn, Martha's Vineyard



This was our home base during our stay on the Vineyard. It was my third stay at the Oak Bluffs Inn and my Sister's second.



Pretty flowers at the entrance. A welcome sight after we walked from the ferry.



We sat on this porch morning and night. Every night there was a pitcher of lemonade with mint awaiting us. And a plate of chocolate chip cookies.




I walked around the Inn and took some shots.



We stayed in the suite with the balcony in 2003.




Aren't the colors pretty?



The Inn has some great architectural elements.



Let's go upstairs to my room.



My room was #6 and my sister was in #4. I had a private bath across the hall from my room.
This is my sister's bathroom.




Here's my room. Love the armoire. Thank God for a/c. It was really hot the first two days of the trip.



My bed was extremely comfortable. I slept like a baby every night!



A delicious breakfast was laid out every morning. Cereal, bagels, croissants, fruit,
yogurt, granola, and usually a warm coffeecake plus juice, coffee and tea.

I want that chandelier!



We met the other Inn guests at breakfast and they were the sweetest people!



And this cool clock would look fantastic in my living room! Too hard to bring home on the Ferry though. Nah, I wouldn't do that, I like the innkeepers too much. Eric and Rhonda were really fun and interesting and they made sure our stay was perfect.





A nice comfortable sitting area. I really like the cafe curtains on half of the window.




Here's the breakfast area by night. Lemonade and cookies for all! I really enjoyed the addition of mint to the lemonade. I shall try this at home.




A shot of the living room. Sunflowers really add a nice cheery touch. Another great clock.




I love these bathing beauties. I saw some last year in Ogunquit, Maine. I should have bought one because I can't find them this year.

The location of the Inn is perfect for those attending Illumination Night. You can walk to the campground where the event takes place. No worries about traffic!

I hope you enjoyed your tour. I am sure we will return to the Oak Bluffs Inn.

Comments

Julie@beingRUBY said…
How wonderful Elaine
I want to stay there too.. will just hop that plane now!! In fact I want the suite with the balcony..

Love all these photos.. and the gorgeous banner pic too with one happy doggy...

I need to go back and look at the posts I missed.. don't want to miss any of your trip posts!!

have a great week xxx Julie
I, too, want that chandelier (and that breakfast).

In my recent post, I mentioned you and your blog. See for yourself:
http://caffeinatedglobe.blogspot.com/2010/08/7-ideas-to-flavorize-breakfast-eggs.html
Jane said…
Hi there,
My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
I was looking for blogs about Oak Bluffs to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Jane

Popular posts from this blog

Appleton Farms- Farm to Table and more

Friday night I rushed home from work, fed the kitties, changed my clothes and picked up my sister at her house. I couldn't wait to head up to Ipswich, MA and Appleton Farms for their farm to table dinner.  As soon as we pulled into the entrance of the property, all the tensions of the day went away.


The weather was cool, a perfect temperature for outdoor dining, live music and lawn games. What a peaceful setting.

The sign said play & have fun. I did not know how much fun we really would have.


Here's a view from the field. The tables were ready outside and there were more inside the barn.


Fences and stone walls encircled the field and property. Hay bales were set up as seating for listening to the live entertainment for the evening.


The band was named The Austin Torpedoes. They were wonderful. We really enjoyed their performance.


Lemonade was available at a self serve station. You could buy beer or wine from the Ipswich Ale Brewery Truck. Yes, the spiggots were right on …

Summer Bucket List 2016

It's a little late in the season but I have finally created my Summer Bucket List. I don't have too much on it. I do reserve the right to add some events if something really cool comes up.

Here they are in no particular order:

1.  Hull Illumination Night- illumination of Hull Harbor, Hull, MA   7/30
2.  Fourth of July fireworks and parade- Wakefield, MA   7/4 Done
3.  Farm to Table dinner- Appleton Farms, Ipswich, MA  7/8  Done
4.  Daytrip to Brewster, MA and Susan Branch book signing   7/28 Done
5.  Lobster BLT @ Stonewall Kitchen, York, ME  9/1 Done
6.  Attend a Waterfire lighting, Providence, RI 7/23
7.  Play skeeball and view the fireworks at Hampton Beach, NH  July or August
8.  Melrose Summer Stroll- Melrose, MA 7/29 Done
9.  Rockport illumination night and fireworks- Rockport, MA  8/16
10. Dinner at the Colony Hotel at sunset- Kennebunkport, ME  August

I plan to post about these events as the Summer progresses. How about you? What's on your Summer Bucket List?

Embracing the season-my Autumn checklist

It's the most wonderful time of the year! I am speaking of my favorite season Fall. We are in the thick of it now and it is fabulous! It's not quite peak foliage but we are getting there.

Here are my reasons to embrace Fall.

1.  Outdoor dining- Those early Fall days are even better than in Summer. Cooler temps make it more comfortable sitting in the sun and the scene is more colorful. In late Fall, I switch to sitting by fireplaces whenever I can.







2. Old graveyards- I am strangely drawn to old graveyards in the Fall. Maybe it's because most graveyards have fantasticly colorful trees and I just notice them more in Fall. Or perhaps it's the Halloween connection.

We have some very old graveyards in New England and they are definitely worth a visit.
You could even take a historic graveyard or ghost tour. There is a graveyard tour in my hometown in two weeks.




3. An Autumn Walk- What's better than an Autumn walk around your neighborhood?

I love to pick up some colorful …