New Friend







Today is Saturday and I didn't have to work. I decided to get started taking photos of Fall Porches and Doors for the October 2oth upload. See the Fall Porch button to the left of this post for more info. I actually started taking door photos about a week ago. The goal is to take photos of fall decorations on porches or front doors. I've taken shots of homes in Salem, Reading, Wakefield, and Stoneham.

Today I went to Winchester, a rather affluent suburb north of Boston and the town where I was born. I knew I'd find some great neighborhoods with interesting fall decorations. I snapped some wreaths on doors and leaves on stairs when suddenly I stumbled upon a beautiful home with a lovely garden. I looked at the fence and thought oh how cute! A cat statue on the fencepost. The statue looked back at me with big blue eyes. It was REAL!
The cat was beautiful and regal looking. She spied me and my camera and gave me a few sneers and then turned herself around so her back was to me. I called out to her but she had a typical catitude! Obviously this cat wanted no part of me. So I walked away and started taking photos of the door decorations.
A few minutes later, I looked up and kitty was jumping off the fence post and coming towards me. So I started taking photos of her, she got closer and closer until she was at my feet. She started head butting my leg. Now she wanted my attention. I should have given her a taste of her own medicine and turned my back on her. But, I am a sucker for a sweet kitty face and so she of course got attention from me. We had a lovely time. Her fur was so soft, the sun was warm, and we were enjoying a lovely Fall day. As you can see she was smiling by the end of our visit. I was smiling too!




Comments

Salmagundi said…
I somehow missed your trip to Salem, but caught up today. I love the way you explain the details - makes me feel as though I am there! Also, cute kitty friend. Sally
Michelle said…
Hi Chatelaine,

I just discovered your blog and am enjoying it so much. We have a lot in common..kitties, magazines, shopping! I will definitely follow your blog on a regular basis. Nice to meet you!

Michelle
ShabbyInTheCity said…
That really is a beautiful cat! We got a new one too! And it matches our old one.
Your blog name is great!
Yarni Gras! said…
love the photos....and that kitty is toooo pretty!

Popular Posts