Skip to main content

New Friend







Today is Saturday and I didn't have to work. I decided to get started taking photos of Fall Porches and Doors for the October 2oth upload. See the Fall Porch button to the left of this post for more info. I actually started taking door photos about a week ago. The goal is to take photos of fall decorations on porches or front doors. I've taken shots of homes in Salem, Reading, Wakefield, and Stoneham.

Today I went to Winchester, a rather affluent suburb north of Boston and the town where I was born. I knew I'd find some great neighborhoods with interesting fall decorations. I snapped some wreaths on doors and leaves on stairs when suddenly I stumbled upon a beautiful home with a lovely garden. I looked at the fence and thought oh how cute! A cat statue on the fencepost. The statue looked back at me with big blue eyes. It was REAL!
The cat was beautiful and regal looking. She spied me and my camera and gave me a few sneers and then turned herself around so her back was to me. I called out to her but she had a typical catitude! Obviously this cat wanted no part of me. So I walked away and started taking photos of the door decorations.
A few minutes later, I looked up and kitty was jumping off the fence post and coming towards me. So I started taking photos of her, she got closer and closer until she was at my feet. She started head butting my leg. Now she wanted my attention. I should have given her a taste of her own medicine and turned my back on her. But, I am a sucker for a sweet kitty face and so she of course got attention from me. We had a lovely time. Her fur was so soft, the sun was warm, and we were enjoying a lovely Fall day. As you can see she was smiling by the end of our visit. I was smiling too!




Comments

salmagundi said…
I somehow missed your trip to Salem, but caught up today. I love the way you explain the details - makes me feel as though I am there! Also, cute kitty friend. Sally
Michelle said…
Hi Chatelaine,

I just discovered your blog and am enjoying it so much. We have a lot in common..kitties, magazines, shopping! I will definitely follow your blog on a regular basis. Nice to meet you!

Michelle
ShabbyInTheCity said…
That really is a beautiful cat! We got a new one too! And it matches our old one.
Your blog name is great!
Yarni Gras! said…
love the photos....and that kitty is toooo pretty!

Popular posts from this blog

Appleton Farms- Farm to Table and more

Friday night I rushed home from work, fed the kitties, changed my clothes and picked up my sister at her house. I couldn't wait to head up to Ipswich, MA and Appleton Farms for their farm to table dinner.  As soon as we pulled into the entrance of the property, all the tensions of the day went away.


The weather was cool, a perfect temperature for outdoor dining, live music and lawn games. What a peaceful setting.

The sign said play & have fun. I did not know how much fun we really would have.


Here's a view from the field. The tables were ready outside and there were more inside the barn.


Fences and stone walls encircled the field and property. Hay bales were set up as seating for listening to the live entertainment for the evening.


The band was named The Austin Torpedoes. They were wonderful. We really enjoyed their performance.


Lemonade was available at a self serve station. You could buy beer or wine from the Ipswich Ale Brewery Truck. Yes, the spiggots were right on …

Summer Bucket List 2016

It's a little late in the season but I have finally created my Summer Bucket List. I don't have too much on it. I do reserve the right to add some events if something really cool comes up.

Here they are in no particular order:

1.  Hull Illumination Night- illumination of Hull Harbor, Hull, MA   7/30
2.  Fourth of July fireworks and parade- Wakefield, MA   7/4 Done
3.  Farm to Table dinner- Appleton Farms, Ipswich, MA  7/8  Done
4.  Daytrip to Brewster, MA and Susan Branch book signing   7/28 Done
5.  Lobster BLT @ Stonewall Kitchen, York, ME  9/1 Done
6.  Attend a Waterfire lighting, Providence, RI 7/23
7.  Play skeeball and view the fireworks at Hampton Beach, NH  July or August
8.  Melrose Summer Stroll- Melrose, MA 7/29 Done
9.  Rockport illumination night and fireworks- Rockport, MA  8/16
10. Dinner at the Colony Hotel at sunset- Kennebunkport, ME  August

I plan to post about these events as the Summer progresses. How about you? What's on your Summer Bucket List?

Embracing the season-my Autumn checklist

It's the most wonderful time of the year! I am speaking of my favorite season Fall. We are in the thick of it now and it is fabulous! It's not quite peak foliage but we are getting there.

Here are my reasons to embrace Fall.

1.  Outdoor dining- Those early Fall days are even better than in Summer. Cooler temps make it more comfortable sitting in the sun and the scene is more colorful. In late Fall, I switch to sitting by fireplaces whenever I can.







2. Old graveyards- I am strangely drawn to old graveyards in the Fall. Maybe it's because most graveyards have fantasticly colorful trees and I just notice them more in Fall. Or perhaps it's the Halloween connection.

We have some very old graveyards in New England and they are definitely worth a visit.
You could even take a historic graveyard or ghost tour. There is a graveyard tour in my hometown in two weeks.




3. An Autumn Walk- What's better than an Autumn walk around your neighborhood?

I love to pick up some colorful …