The Artsy Autumn Swap

I recently participated in my first swap. It was called The Artsy Autumn Swap and it was created by Linda Smith.

The rules were easy. We were to send our swap partner items related to the Fall Season. Within the box there should be one handmade item and one vintage item. Everyone mailed their swaps on September 22nd , the first day of Autumn. Oh, and we were supposed to keep the cost to around $20. Yeah, right! Is that possible?


I want to share with you the items I received from Valerie my swap partner. Valerie is from Louisiana .Valerie had the good sense to send several emails asking about my likes and dislikes so I followed her lead and got some good information about her.


Anyway, here's what I got! This is really fun. She typed up her recipe for pumpkin bread and made it pretty. She actually found a brand of tea I had not tried. I am a tea connoisseur after all! She sent packets of spiced cider which is my favorite hot drink in Fall. She must have read my blog. I collect little "spreaders". Is that what they are called? Those little knives used to spread cream cheese or jam on scones or toast. How did she know that? Is she psychic? I swear I never mentioned it to her.


The kitchen towel is perfect and will go well with the colors of my new kitchen at the condo. She also included a box of leaves and berries for punching up the Fall decor in my home.



She included one of those 99% cocoa chocolate bars from Lindt. Premium chocolate!! Let me warn you. It is an acquired taste. For serious chocoholics only! And she found out I collect snowglobes so she sent a little one with a scarecrow on it. Adorable!

All of these wonderful goodies were packaged in a beautiful tote bag that Valerie made herself.I absolutely love it and I've used it every day since I received it.
The next swap is a mitten swap for Winter. I think I'm in again. It was really fun wrapping and putting together the swap. Plus I totally enjoyed receiving such wonderful and delicious gifts from Valerie. She did a wonderful job figuring me out.



Comments

Yarni Gras! said…
I'm so glad you liked everything I sent! It was a lot of fun getting to know you!
Salmagundi said…
What fun for your two! A great way to get to know each other. Sally

Popular Posts