Starting from Scratch


This is my first blog post. A world of possibilities to write about. Yet I am somewhat stumped.
So I think I'll write about stray kitty.

Stray kitty or Outdoor Kitty is the little cat who showed up in the parking lot of my building one cold February night. I had just pulled into my parking space and I heard what I thought was a baby crying. It was bitter cold and windy and it sounded like the cry was coming from inside the silver Impala parked across the lot from me. I looked in the car and no baby. The sound of crying was very close. I looked under the car and there was a small black and white cat meowing at the top of it's lungs. I tried to get it to come out from under the car but it wouldn't. So I went
upstairs and brought out some cat food and water. It would only eat if I backed away from the bowl. It was so frightened.

It's been 3 months. I leave food out around 8:15PM every night and the cat now comes running and eats the food while I watch. He trusts me. Now he waits for me every night. I think it won't be long before I can take Outdoor Kitty inside. Once he gets a clean bill of health from the vet, I hope to make him the newest addition to my family. I already have a 6 year old cat named Molly. I think Molly is lonely or at the very least bored during the daytime while I am at work.

I've given Outdoor Kitty the name of Oscar. I saw a lost cat ad on the local cable station and the cat was black and white and named Oscar. But this cat was not the lost cat. This cat's nose is black not white. So I've been calling this cat Oscar for months. So Oscar it is.

Comments

HeatherK said…
I found your blog by clicking next blog at top of the page(quite a few times. Our kitty, Ribbons, Started her life outside but now is strictly an inside kitty. Happy blogging.
MCRamos said…
Olá sou a CoNCEIÇã0 RAMOS, gostei de teu blog.um abraço

http://foiontemqueaconteceu.blogspot
Anonymous said…
I too found your blog by random clicking.

I was drawn by the cat photo.

The I saw Outdoor Kitty reference in the first entry.

We acquired our ODCBC (Out Door Cat B C) who lived next door for four years and then abruptly adopted us. BC was her original name we kept it so not to confuse her.

Welcome to writing on line.
Welcome to the blogosphere! I started just over a year ago and I have "met" some awesome women who teach, encourage, support and share with one another. I was shy and just kind of lurked on other blogs for months and then I finally created a blog of my own and it is so nice to "meet" you. I look forward to coming back to visit your blog.
Yarni Gras! said…
pretty cat...he will make a lovely addition to your household!

Popular Posts